Friday, May 20, 2011

Here I am

Ghana, Africa
As I start to really prepare for Ghana I am feeling a bit nostalgic for the times when I was just imagining what college would be like and where it would take me. Nothing I ever imagined can compare to the way it has actually been. It has been an experience which has already changed my life so much and made me the person I am today. In High School I had no idea what I was going to do or where I was going to go with my career and my education. Now I am a full blown Junior in college, I'm 20...20!!!! I though I was old the day I got my Driver's License. Boy was I wrong. Now I'm a girl with plans for traveling the world, grad school, and years and years full of ADVENTURES in Africa (I hope my husband wants to come with me someday because I am already so in love with that country. Maybe my children will even get to experience it, who knows). Never in a million years did I think that I would be headed down the path that I am today. As an Anthropology student I have to participate in a Field Study which basically means that I will go to a foreign place of choice to study the people and their culture. It blows my mind to see the way Heavenly Father has guided me toward the things I am working for and I could not be happier with the choices I have made. It is so exciting to know what I want to do and to feel so right about all the choices I have made with my education but at the same time I feel weird that I am old enough to have lived away from home for 2 years. I have also been so independent since that time that I cannot really remember what it is like to come home and have somebody there to fuss over and take care of you. I guess marriage will teach me that once again but that is a LONG ways away. It is funny how much this Gospel has played into every aspect of my life. Not just the spiritual side, it has shaped the plans for my future life more than anything and it surprises me when I think about all the uncertainty yet I feel such peace about the things upcoming. I am almost done with my application to the Ghana Field Study program. All I need are 3 letters of recommendation from my wonderful professors and the last few sentences of my Letter of Intent and I will be set. I guess I should really try to finish that since my goal of completion has already passed. Woops, its amazing how time just slips away from you when you work 40+ hours a week and just want to play and rest whenever you are at home. Enough of this though all I can think about most days is how I will be in Ghana just ONE YEAR from now!!!!!! Let Life Begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment