Friday, June 3, 2011
A Torn Nation
I am currently reading a book called A Continent For the Taking: The Tragedy and Hope of Africa by Howard W. French. I have been reading it very sporadically so it is hard to remember how each thing builds one off of another but I have realized that Africa is one of the most messed up countries in the WORLD! There are so many things that I read which I cannot even imagine going through. I literally get sick to my stomach and want to throw up most of the time because of all the horrible things that I read. The stories of genocides, warlords and child soldiers are some of the most disturbing things I have ever read. Yet I cannot wait to get over there and see all the good I can do in this world. I really do not know why my particular interest sparked with Africa but it is there and I want to go so badly to experience it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment