Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sudan

I just watched a documentary on the Genocide in Darfur, Sudan. It is mind-blowing. After the Holocaust and the Genocide in Rwanda you would think that the world would want to stop these atrocities from happening again and again, but they do happen and they won't stop unless we really make a change. I don't know how to do that but I surely want to try. I just can't believe that a person can have such a disregard for human life as is the case during these apartheid's and issues of ethnic cleansing which result is mass killings.
Women and children are still suffereing everyday because they are victims of mass rape and suffer from AIDS and the horror of the memory of the injustice that was thrust upon them because of their race. The few evil people who influence thousands and turn good people into murderers and thieves make this world seem like such an awful place sometimes. These women and children, these people are the reason why we need to be aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment