Monday, July 11, 2011

Step 2

I got an email this morning from Andrew Gessel who is in charge of the Ghana Field Studies and he wants to meet with me to discuss my ideas for my project as well as answer any questions I might have. He is my friend Amanda's brother-in-law so its cool because I already know him. I will be meeting with him next Tuesday and I am excited to start talking and thinking more about what I specifically would like to study in Africa. He has been to Ghana himself as a student and also with other Field Study groups as the facilitator so he knows his stuff. It is exciting to think about finally moving forward! Having goals is such an important part of an education and this is definitely the biggest thing I have ever worked toward. Running a half-marathon was hard but I knew that if I just trained every day and remembered why I was doing it then I could make it through. This adventure in Ghana will be the same way. A completely different level of preparation will be involved and it will be hard along the way and even once I am there but it will be so worth it. The experiences I have will change my life, I do not doubt that I was made for this. It just all feels so right and I get so excited when I think about learning more that will help lead me to accomplish the things that have been laid out for me by the Lord. I can do it and I will work so hard to make this dream a reality. The concept of enduring to the end has been on my mind lately, especially after the backpacking trip with Dad and the boys in Kolob becuase it sure was hard, but I just kept telling myself that if I could just endure to the end I would be so grateful for the experience afterward and I am going to look at this preparation as just that. It is going to be hard in a different way but if I work hard I will reach my goals and make it to the place that I want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment