Reality strikes. Yesterday Jackie announced where we will be
specifically going. She and I will be in Asamang while Cassie and
Natalie will be in Wiamoase. That means NO RUNNING WATER. My stomach
started turning with butterflies the moment she even said where we will
be going because it is just one more element that is set, and makes this
whole journey even more real. I am about 50/50 in my attitude right now
because half of me is SO excited to take bucket showers and go fetch
water from the well... I will probably sing and flirt like this little
gal in Jungle Book while I fetch the water from the well that is right outside the house. Really while it will be a shocker and a big adjustment I am so excited!! It is one more thing that I can overcome and learn to not take for granted. Over the summer when I went backpacking with my dad and brothers in Zion I had a hard time adjusting but after 4 days I was loving life and on the 5th day when we went home I was sad to stop filtering my water and to put on clean clothes and to not wake up with the mountains and river right outside the flap of my tent. I am confident that I am going to be able to embrace this experience and learn to love it so much! That is one thing that I am very grateful for with my personality, I am very capable of just going with the flow. I do not get stressed out when things do not go according to plan and I am able to simply re-route and make it work. This just makes for an even different cultural experience. Number 2 reality strike...we chose a flight!! Everything is really in place. This journey is well underway and I am loving every minute of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment