Monday, February 13, 2012
Journal #14: Ghanaian Healthcare
After discussing my literature review and realizing how much information I am lacking on Ghanaian health care I have decided to do a thorough search to find out everything that I can. An article I just read talked about how the Ghanaian health care system gets an overall satisfied to very satisfied rating from patients. This article was a good indicator of how patients feel they are receiving health care in Ghana. Of course this study was only carried out in one District and health care is administered differently from hospital to clinic to hospitals around the country but nonetheless I feel satisfied that health care in the hospital in Asamang will be received well by the patients who seek malaria treatment there. I have not had much experience with health care in the United States because I have luckily lived a very healthy life. My immune system is a real champion I tell ya! The only time I have been inside a hospital was to see newborn babies. I know that there is talk about Obamacare and health care reform all throughout the world about who has access to it, for what cost and so on... I don't know if that discussion will ever end. One thing I know is that the whole world is searching for the perfect system that can benefit everyone equally. Who knows if anyone will ever come close. Regardless, I am excited to know that the Ghanaian healthcare system is well received. That will make for positive attitudes (as positive as one can be in the hospital i guess) from patients as well as doctors which makes me happy because I work better with happy positive humans and all in all I think it will provide a good research environment for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

so the girls i went with spent all summer working at the health center in wiamoase. my friend michelle particularly learned A LOT about ghana health care and the services of the government, etc.
ReplyDeleteif you would like to read her notes- let me know!
corrine
ps. i had malaria while i was there so i can give you a little bit of perspective of the treatment of that.
I do I do, that would be so amazing if I could read her notes and get your perspective on malaria treatment.
ReplyDelete