As of right now my Visa is missing and my returning flight from Ghana has been cancelled. I just took my first dose of malaria pills and feel extremely nauseous. Ever since the moment I read those words Ghana Field Study I knew this would be quite the adventure and it has already started. I am supposed to hop on a plane on my way to Ghana Sunday morning at 9:30, it is Thursday morning and I have been on the phone with the airline and the Ghana Embassy for about 6 hours cumulatively over the last 24 hours. Not to mention the countless phone calls over the past few weeks trying to figure all this out. It is at the point where I feel like I have done all I can and it is time to turn it over to the Lord. If I am supposed to be on that plane on Sunday morning, I know that I will be. My Visa will come. And I don't return until the end of July so that flight has time to be figured out. I am already starting to gain a testimony of adaptability. I have always had the ability to adapt to circumstances very well but I have also never experienced something this big. I have never been this close to leaving the country and my friends and family for 3 months. I have never felt more prepared for something in my life and though some things seem to be falling apart and not working the way I would like them to I am hopeful. I am hopeful and I know that God knows who I am. He knows my name and He knows that I am learning as I go. I know that He loves me and that He wants me to succeed. So I will make it to Ghana. Whether it be this Sunday or a week from now when I have gotten a new Passport and Visa, I will make it to Ghana and I will be able to do my research and I will fulfill my responsibilities there. Elder Busche said that "in your life there have to be challenges, they will either bring you closer to God and therefore make you stronger, or they can destroy you. But you make the decision of which road you take". Now this is no major trial. This is no huge challenge, just a mere bump in the road but boy have I been praying hard and trying to exercise my faith through this little challenge. Becoming aware of my Heavenly Father and His plan in my life has been the most amazing experience that I have had throughout these past months. God knows better than me what I need. If I listen to His suggestions then I believe that everything will fall into its place. Little challenges are what build us up in this life. We are given even the smallest of challenges to help us become strengthened to eventually realize our full potential. I always feel vulnerable for a moment and I may shed some tears in despair after exhausting all my resources has proved unfruitful, but that moment is where I have learned to exercise the most faith. After we have done all we can, we must turn our hearts over to the Lord and trust that He has a plan for us.
My mom just came in and told me that I have shot myself in the foot claiming my ability to be adaptable in my last post. I am adapting, it just takes me a minute to figure things out. I guess its like Elder Oaks said in his talk 'Mountains to Climb', if you ask Heavenly Father for trials, he will give them to you. My mom thinks this is just a trial of my faith as if He was like, "okay prove it". I really hope so because one, it would show that He has a sense of humor and two, I would love to board a plane on Sunday morning with that Visa in my hand. I'm going to work so hard to be ready for anything that is thrown at me. I can do it. Well, if you are reading this, PRAY FOR ME!! I need that Visa, at least I think I do. We will see what the Lord has in store.
No comments:
Post a Comment