Saturday, April 28, 2012

GHANA

The power of prayer is real people. REAL. I have never prayed with so much faith and conviction in my life than when I felt like I needed a real miracle for my Visa to find my house. Along with my fellow Ghana goers and my mom and dad, we prayed hard for that Visa to come by Saturday, if it be His will. And gosh am I grateful that His plan lined up with my plan to leave on Sunday morning because sure enough my Visa came in the mail today. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers and is mindful of each and every one of us and for that I am very grateful. I cannot even believe that the time has come for me to be embarking on this journey. It doesn't seem real yet with my bag packed, Visa in hand, and excitement level through the roof it is definitely time to embark on this journey. As I am going to be hopping on that plane to Accra from Washington D.C. in less than 48 hours I feel ever grateful for this amazing world. For the opportunity I have to hop on a thing such as an airplane and travel to the other side of the world. Its CRAZY the technology we have these days but it is so cool. I honestly feel like I have no idea how to do research and no idea how I am going to produce a legit anthropological study but Im sure that is natural to be doubting myself and all that I have learned since my departure date is so close. I thought I would be more nervous than I am but I am just so excited. I know I can do it and I am as prepared as I will ever be so the time is at hand! Thank you to every one who has helped me to make it to this point, especially you Mom and Dad. I couldn't have done any of this without your love and support. You da best!

                                             Well, WISH ME LUCK!!!! Ghana or Bust!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment